Access Vista from Ubuntu
For this example say your Vista user account is vista-pc and password is vista-pw. Also say the IP is 192.168.1.2
----Do the following in your Vista machine----
1. Start/Run secpol.msc
2. Open Local Policies/Security Options, find "Network Security: LAN Manager"
3. Change it to "Send LM & NTLM"
4. share the folder that you want (say movies)
---Do the following in your Ubuntu machine---
1. sudo apt-get install smbfs
2. sudo apt-get install smbclient
3. sudo mkdir /mnt/hd
4. sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=vista-pc,password=vista-pw //192.168.1.2/movies /mnt/hd
That's it :) You can now access the shared Vista folder from /mnt/hd